Ingredients (4 servings):
- 140g (½ cup) Greek Style Yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, finely grated
- ¼ cup roughly chopped coriander, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 5 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 800g chicken fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 625ml (2½ cups) Beef stock
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- To marinate chicken, place yoghurt, two-thirds of the garlic, half the ginger, coriander, anchovies, 2 teaspoons cumin, 2 teaspoons paprika, 2 tablespoons oil and chicken in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss well to combine.
- Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large tagine or casserole over high heat. Add onion and remaining garlic, ginger and 2 teaspoons each cumin and paprika. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chicken is golden.
- Add stock and tomatoes, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked though.
- Divide chicken tagine among bowls, top with extra coriander and serve.