Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 cup medium grain brown rice
- 4 tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place tomato, parsley, mint, onion and rice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place garlic, oil and vinegar in a small jug. Whisk with a fork to combine. Drizzle dressing over rice mixture. Toss well to combine.