Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g beef mince (lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (gluten-free)
- 2 cups chicken broth (stock)
- 1 large summer squash or ½ butternut, cut into small cubes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup medium salsa
- Brown meat in a large pot over medium high heat. Drain, remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add meat back to pot and sprinkle mixture with taco seasoning to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes.