Ingredients (serves 4):
- 750g gravy beef, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, halved, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1 zucchini (baby marrow), halved, sliced 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 x 410g cans chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine
- 2/3 cup beef stock
- ½ cup small fresh basil leaves
- Place beef and flour in a large snap-lock bag. Season. Seal. Shake to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, until browned all over. Transfer to bowl of slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, eggplant and zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine and stock. Season with pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours or until beef is very tender, stirring halfway during cooking. Stir in basil.
- Energy 2985kJ
- Fat saturated 9.10g
- Fat Total 24.70g
- Carbohydrate sugars – 0
- Carbohydrate Total 59.40g
- Dietary Fibre 8.60g
- Protein 54.50g
- Cholesterol 122.00mg
- Sodium 1311mg