Stir-fries are easy to prepare and make for healthy meals.
As the ingredients are cooked quickly at high heat, vegetables don’t lose their nutrients.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 400g rump steak, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan until hot.
- Add the meat and stir fry in batches until browned and almost cooked through.
- Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Combine the sweet chilli sauce, soy and fish sauce and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil. Add the onion and bell pepper and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- Add the red chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Return the meat to the pan, along with the sweet chilli sauce mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until sauce is warmed through.
- Remove from heat, toss through the basil leaves and serve immediately.
Remember when cooking stir-fries to chop and slice your ingredients first and keep them about the same size so they cook evenly.