Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons chilli powder
- 375g lean beef mince
- 1 x 410g cans diced tomatoes
- ½ cup salt-reduced beef stock
- 1 x 400g cans large kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 100g green beans, trimmed, chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add cumin and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Add tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, adding kidney beans and green beans for last 5 minutes of cooking.