This is for the whole family. Make healthier snack choices with oven-baked treats, such as these banana and oat muffins.
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 2 cups (260g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (185g) plain low-fat yoghurt
- ¼ cup (60ml) canola oil
- 2 bananas, mashed (250g)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and soda into a bowl. Empty the flour husks from the sifter back into the bowl along with the oats and brown sugar, and stir to combine.
- Whisk eggs, yoghurt and oil together. Add banana and stir to combine.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix together using a wooden spoon until just combined. Mixture may be lumpy and does not have to be evenly mixed.
- Spoon mixture into paper cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.