Ingredients (serve 4):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 800g beef chuck steak, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 420g can tomato soup
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup dried lentils
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return beef to pan. Add carrots and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until vinegar is reduced slightly.
- Stir in soup and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook lentils according to packet directions. Drain.
- Add to beef mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.