Ingredients (8 servings):
- ±1.4kg beef topside roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
For the chilli sauce:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat a barbecue (with hood) hot plate on high with hood closed.
- Rub beef with olive oil.
- Process seeds and bay leaves in a small processor until a coarse mixture forms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in paprika.
- Coat beef with spice mixture.
- Cook beef, turning, for 4 minutes or until browned all over.
- Cook beef, using indirect heat (see note), with hood closed, for 3 hours or until beef is cooked and tender.
- Transfer to a large plate. Loosely cover with foil. Stand for 15 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, make Chilli sauce. Place olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, chilli flakes and oregano in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Thinly slice beef. Drizzle with chilli sauce.