- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g beef mince
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Add carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be used to make a very delicious Savoury mince eggplant bake.