Ingredients (6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mince, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mince has browned.
- Add tomato paste, tomato, semi-dried tomatoes, olives, basil and oregano. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parmesan. (you can serve this with whole-wheat pasta or just with a salad)