Ingredients (serves 4):
- Olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion, including some chopped greens from scallions or green onions
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow preferred), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g Beef Mince (lean)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
1. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the chopped onions and bell pepper and cook until onions and peppers are softened, a couple of minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
2. Push the vegetables to the edge of one side of the pan and position that side of the pan so that it is off the burner, away from the heat. The empty part of the pan should be right over the burner. Add one or two more tablespoons of oil to coat the empty part of the pan. Put crumpled chunks of beef mince in the pan, sprinkle with salt and chipotle or chili powder.
3. Cook the mince without stirring until it is browned on one side, then turn the pieces over to brown the other side. Once the mince is just cooked through, stir in the onions and peppers, and sprinkle with more salt and chili powder to taste. Remove from heat. Stir in fresh chopped parsley or cilantro.