Ingredients (serve 6):
- 1kg lean beef mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons seasoning of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), halved, de-seeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 800g can diced tomatoes
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
For the guacamole:
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ½ ripe tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- Combine the mince, onion, coriander, egg and half the taco seasoning in a bowl. Roll 1 tablespoonful of mince mixture into a ball. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining mince mixture.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add one-third of meatballs and cook, turning, for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining meatballs, reheating the pan between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add capsicum and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the remaining taco seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Stir in the tomato. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- To make the guacamole, use a fork to mash the avocado in a bowl. Stir in the sour cream, tomato and onion.
- Divide the meatballs among serving bowls. Top with guacamole, sour cream and coriander.