Ingredients (8 servings):
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 small carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Place mince, onion, carrot, flour, tomato sauce and barbecue sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place meatballs on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a large plate. Add tomatoes and 1/3 cup cold water to pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Return meatballs to pan. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Divide among small serving bowls or plates. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.