Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g beef stir-fry strips, or use beef steak, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Sprig rosemary, chopped
- Handful pitted olives
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 mins until softened and turning golden.
- Tip in the beef strips, pepper, tomatoes and rosemary, then bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins until the meat is cooked through, adding some boiling water if needed.
- Stir through the olives and serve.
Make it vegetarian
- Leave out the beef and cook 1 chopped aubergine and 1 chopped courgette along with the pepper.
- Finish by sprinkling over some feta cheese.