Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g diced beef
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 35g packet chilli seasoning
- 410g can chopped tomatoes
- 420g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining oil in pan. Cook onion, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add seasoning, tomato, beans and ¼ cup cold water.
- Return beef to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 40 to 45 minutes or until beef is tender.