Ingredients (serve 4):
- 500g lean beef stir-fry strips
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced beef stock
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup (180g) light sour cream
- 200g green beans, topped
- 2 tbs chopped chives
- 4 slices wholegrain toast, to serve (optional)
- Toss beef in a bowl with paprika and some salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, then brown beef in batches for 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, then add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until soft and light golden.
- Increase heat to high, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add stock and Worcestershire and bring to the boil. Simmer gently over low heat for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced slightly.
- Stir in sour cream, return beef and any juices to pan, then cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, steam the green beans for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Divide the stroganoff and beans among bowls, sprinkle with chives and serve with wholegrain toast.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Energy 1957kJ
- Fat saturated 8.50g
- Fat Total 20.40g
- Carbohydrate sugars – 0
- Carbohydrate Total 22.40g
- Dietary Fibre 6.00g
- Protein 44.60g
- Cholesterol 98.00mg
- Sodium 630mg