Ingredients (serve 4):
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 slices soy, linseed or rye bread
- 2 small red onions
- 2 carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 450g extra-lean beef mince
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ½ cup beef stock
- 100g mixed baby salad leaves
- 1/3 cup Chutney, warmed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 5cm deep, 20cm (base) square ovenproof dish with oil.
- Place bread in a food processor. Process to fine crumbs.
- Finely chop 1 onion and 1 carrot and place in a large bowl. Add mince, 3/4 cup of lentils, egg white and stock. Mix until well combined.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Preheat a grill on high heat. Place slice under grill for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice remaining onion. Peel remaining carrot into long, wide ribbons. Place in a bowl. Add salad leaves and remaining lentils. Toss to combine.
- Cut slice into four pieces. Divide between plates.
- Top with salad and dollop of chutney.