Tasty, versatile and easy to clean up afterwards, this meal with mince is perfect for the weeknights.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g beef mince
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 2 x 125g cans red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 8 Mission flour tortillas, warmed
- Grated tasty cheese, shredded iceberg lettuce and chopped tomato, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Add chilli and ground coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add flour and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in beans. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in coriander leaves.
- Serve mince mixture with tortillas, cheese, lettuce and tomato.