Candida is a type of yeast micro-organism that lives in your bowels, and it can be activated due to various causes.
When this happens, it causes a Candida overgrowth. An overgrowth of candida can lead to various other health issues, including: thrush, abdominal bloating, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). We will be looking at natural remedies and dieting habits for candida.
Some common symptoms of a candida overgrowth may include:
- Cravings for refined carbohydrates such as bread, alcohol or sugar.
- Vaginal discharge, urinary tract infection, constipation or diarrhea.
- Brain fog or other memory problems.
- A weakened immune system.
- Frequent urination.
- A low sex drive.
Here are remedies to help with candida:
The first step when dealing with a candida overgrowth is to make sure your dieting habits are in order. You can make small adjustments to improve your diet and help you get on the right track:
- Eat plenty of healthy fats such as fish oil, extra virgin olive oil, organic raw butter and extra virgin coconut oil.
- Increase your vegetable intake, preferably steamed or raw if possible. (Avoid beets and carrots, they have a high sugar content.)
- Eat fresh fruits – grapefruit, apples and berries are the best.
- Drink plenty of filtered or purified water.
- Avoid any sweetened drinks, including fruit juices as they contain loads of sugar.
- All forms of sugar and refined carbohydrates need to be eliminated, as candida thrives on it. Limit yourself to whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa and millet.
2. Natural Supplements
For a simple, healthy and effective solution to your candida problem, download the free Manna Candida e-book and follow the program (diet). Take the Manna Candida Support and the Manna GUT Support supplements with the diet to overcome Candida in most effective way.